The Heart of Gold Festival is a community Arts & Cultural Festival held in Kalgoorlie, Western Australia each May. It is a week-long annual celebration of arts and culture in the Goldfields highlighting the huge variety of events taking place in our community every day. It offers a diverse program of quality performing and visual arts, workshop, exhibitions and theatre. The festival brings Kalgoorlie-Boulder community together through community engagement projects that reflect and celebrate our local arts identity.
Artgold‘s mission (as a non for profit organization - promoting the Arts), is to promote Artistic events, that will enhance community life in the Goldfields. By making the arts accessible to all, we help create a balanced society, where social interaction can take place, through the arts as medium. Thus achieving the following:
- Promote art and culture participation in the wider Kalgoorlie-Boulder Community.
- Create performances and Festivals
- Provide strong pathways for Youth and Indigenous participation in different Art forms
- Promote the history and cultural identity of the City
Promote and showcase the huge variety of artistic and cultural events taking place in our community every day.
- Engage the wider local community in arts
- Provide opportunities for skills and professional development for the arts sector
- Grow the profile of the Heart of Gold Festival as a cultural tourism drawcard for the region on an annual basis