The Heart of Gold Festival is a community Arts & Cultural Festival held in Kalgoorlie, Western Australia each May. It is a week-long annual celebration of arts and culture in the Goldfields highlighting the huge variety of events taking place in our community every day. It offers a diverse program of quality performing and visual arts, workshop, exhibitions and theatre. The festival brings Kalgoorlie-Boulder community together through community engagement projects that reflect and celebrate our local arts identity.
Artgold‘s mission (as a non for profit organization - promoting the Arts), is to promote Artistic events, that will enhance community life in the Goldfields. By making the arts accessible to all, we help create a balanced society, where social interaction can take place, through the arts as medium. Thus achieving the following:
- Promote art and culture participation in the wider Kalgoorlie-Boulder Community.
- Create performances and Festivals
- Provide strong pathways for Youth and Indigenous participation in different Art forms
- Promote the history and cultural identity of the City
Promote and showcase the huge variety of artistic and cultural events taking place in our community every day.
- Engage the wider local community in arts
- Provide opportunities for skills and professional development for the arts sector
- Grow the profile of the Heart of Gold Festival as a cultural tourism drawcard for the region on an annual basis
Click here to view photos of last year's festival!
Expressions of Interest for the 2017 Heart of Gold Festival is now open.
Click here for Chef's Special Registration Form